Wednesday, July 22, 2009

post race travels

After my race, Jake and I took off on a long road trip to South Dakota to visit my mom's side of the family (grandma, 4 aunts/uncles, and lots of cousins). We visited 9 states in all (AZ, NV, UT, ID, MT, WA, SD, ND, WY) and drove over 4,000 miles...What a trip!



Trampoline fun with Willa


Auntie Chuck's b-day present from last year



Picking strawberries for jelly with Aunt Mae, Becky, and Grandma



30 quarts of strawberries!



What can I say- I was craving meat (1lb cheeseburger)...after burning over 12,000 calories on the Ironman, I needed to replenish.



Uncle Dave in Mt. Rushmore



Aunt Barb & Beth in Mt. Rushmore



Picking Washington's nose :)



The presidents



Devil's Tower



MTB in Ogden- tough at elevation



Driving...lots of landscapes and clouds



Top of Powder Mtn (without snow, of course)



MTB Powder Mtn, Utah...elevation kills



Riding in Brian Head, UT...it was awesome! I will be returning to check out more trails.





Showering off - after a long ride.

1 comment:

phil...jenn...taegan...colton said...

Looks like y'all had fun! Can't wait to see you guys again.